Using SunOS XXXXX 5.11 snv_133 i86pc i386 i86pc. So the network thing that
was fixed in 129 shouldn't be the issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Jones [mailto:br...@servuhome.net]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 1:02 PM
To: Richard Jahnel
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] zfs send to remote any ideas for a faster way
than ssh?

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Richard Jahnel <rich...@ellipseinc.com>
wrote:
> I've tried ssh blowfish and scp arcfour. both are CPU limited long before
the 10g link is.

> I'vw also tried mbuffer, but I get broken pipe errors part way through the
transfer.

> I'm open to ideas for faster ways to to either zfs send directly or
through a compressed file of the zfs send output.

> For the moment I;
>
> zfs send > pigz
> scp arcfour the file gz file to the remote host gunzip < to zfs
> receive
>
> This takes a very long time for 3 TB of data, and barely makes use the 10g
connection between the machines due to the CPU limiting on the scp and
gunzip processes.

> Thank you for your thoughts
>
> Richard J.
> --

I found builds <130 had issues with TCP. I could reproduce TCP
timeouts/socket errors up until I got on 132. I have stayed on 132 so far
since I haven't found any other show stoppers.
Mbuffer is probably your best bet, I rolled mbuffer into my replication
scripts, which I could share if anyone's interested.
Older versions of my script are on www.brentrjones.com but I have a new one
which uses mbuffer

--
Brent Jones