Marty Scholes wrote:
' iostat -Eni ' indeed outputs Device ID on some of
the drives,but I still
can't understand how it helps me to identify model
of specific drive.

Get and install smartmontools.  Period.  I resisted it for a few weeks but it
has been an amazing tool.  It will tell you more than you ever wanted to know
about any disk drive in the /dev/rdsk/ tree, down to the serial number.

I have seen zfs remember original names in a pool after they have been renamed by the OS
such that "zpool status" can list c22t4d0 as a drive in the pool when there
exists no such drive on the system.
Run smartmontools on a Linux LiveCD if necessary. For a while (at least when OpenSolaris 2009.06 was released) smartmontools could not get drive information on drives on certain controllers.

Why has it been reported as bad (for probably 2
months now, I haven't
got around to figuring out which disk in the case it
is etc.) but the
iostat isn't showing me any errors.

Start a scrub or do an obscure find, e.g. "find /tank_mointpoint -name core"
and watch the drive activity lights.  The drive in the pool which isn't blinking like
crazy is a faulted/offlined drive.

Ugly and oh-so-hackerish, but it works.
You might also be able to figure it out from drive vibration or a lack thereof. Many people rolling their own server hardware don't have per-drive activity lights, hence the recommendation to figure out how to identify drives in software via their serial numbers and then match up with the labels.