more below...

On Jul 19, 2010, at 4:42 PM, Michael Shadle wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Richard Elling <rich...@nexenta.com> wrote:
>
>> I depends on if the problem was fixed or not.  What says
>>        zpool status -xv
>>
>>  -- richard
>
> [r...@nas01 ~]# zpool status -xv
>  pool: tank
> state: DEGRADED
> status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
>        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
> action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
>        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
>   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
> scrub: scrub completed after 14h2m with 0 errors on Sun Jul 18 18:32:38 2010
> config:
>
>        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
>        tank        DEGRADED     0     0     0
>          raidz2    ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t6d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t7d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t5d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>          raidz2    DEGRADED     0     0     0
>            c2t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t5d0  DEGRADED     0     0     0  too many errors
>            c2t6d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c2t7d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>
> was never fixed. I thought I needed to replace the drive. Should I
> mark it as "resolved" or whatever the syntax is and re-run a scrub?

I'm really looking for the last lines of the output which should say
something like:
        errors: No known data errors

"zpool clear"  will zero the counters and change the state from DEGRADED.
Try that, then re-run a scrub to verify no more errors were found.
 -- richard

--
Richard Elling
rich...@nexenta.com   +1-760-896-4422