On Wed, August 11, 2010 15:11, Paul Kraus wrote:

> It looks like you are trying to do a full send every time, what about
> a first full then incremental (which should be much faster) ? The
> first full might run afoul of the 2 hour snapshots (and deletions),
> but I would not expect the incremental to. I am syncing about 20 TB of
> data between sites this way every 4 hours over a 100 Mb link. I put
> the snapshot management and the site to site replication in the same
> script to keep them from fighting :-)

What I'm working on is, in fact, the first backup.  I intended from the
start to use incrementals; they just didn't work in earlier versions, and
I was reduced to doing full backups only.  And I need a successful full
backup to start the series, and to initialize any new backup media, and so
forth.  So I think I have to solve this problem, even if most of the
backups will be incrementals.

Mostly the incrementals should be quite fast -- but I can come home from a
weekend away with 30 GB or so of photos, which would appear on the server
all at once.  Still, that's well under 2 hours.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info