I fully agree with your post. NFS is much simpler in administration.
Although I don't have any experience with the DDRdrive X1, I've read and heard
from various people actually using them that it's the best "available" SLOG
device. Before everybody starts yelling "ZEUS" or "LOGZILLA". Was anybody able
to buy one? Apart from SUN. The DDRdrive X1 is available and you can buy
several for one ZEUS.
Good to hear another success story. As soon as I have budget I'm going to buy a
pair of them.
My question, what about I/O queue depths? Which queues those over at VMware or
on OpenSolaris? Can you give some examples and actual settings?
Oh, in what chassis model have you mounted the DDRdrive?

Thanks in advance