Alxen4 wrote:
Is there any way run start-up script before non-root pool is mounted ?

For example I'm trying to use ramdisk as ZIL device (ramdiskadm )
So I need to create ramdisk before actual pool is mounted otherwise it
complains that log device is missing :)

For sure I can manually remove/and add it  by script and put the script in
regular rc2.d location...I'm just looking for more elegant way to it.

Can you start by explaining what you're trying to do, because this may be completely misguided?

A ramdisk is volatile, so you'll lose it when system goes down, causing failure to mount on reboot. Recreating a ramdisk on reboot won't recreate the slog device you lost when the system went down. I expect the zpool would fail to mount.

Furthermore, using a ramdisk as a ZIL is effectively just a very inefficient way to disable the ZIL. A better way to do this is to "zfs set sync=disabled ..." on relevant filesystems. I can't recall which build introduced this, but prior to that, you can set zfs://zil_disable=1 in /etc/system but that applies to all pools/filesystems.

--
Andrew Gabriel