Alxen4 wrote:
Thanks...Now I think I understand...

Let me summarize it andd let me know if I'm wrong.

Disabling ZIL converts all synchronous calls to asynchronous which makes ZSF to
report data acknowledgment before it actually was written to stable storage
which in turn improves performance but might cause data corruption in case of
server crash.

Is it correct ?

In my case I'm having serious performance issues with NFS over ZFS.

You need a non-volatile slog, such as an SSD.

My NFS Client is ESXi so the major question is there risk of corruption for
VMware images if I disable ZIL ?

Yes.

If your NFS server takes an unexpected outage and comes back up again, some writes will have been lost which ESXi thinks succeeded (typically 5 to 30 seconds worth of writes/updates immediately before the outage). So as an example, if you had an application writing a file sequentially, you will likely find an area of the file is corrupt because the data was lost.

--
Andrew Gabriel