On 26/08/2010 15:42, David Magda wrote:
Does a scrub go through the slog and/or L2ARC devices, or only the
"primary" storage components?

A scrub traverses datasets including the ZIL thus the scrub will read (and if needed resilver) on a slog device too.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/common/fs/zfs/dmu_traverse.c

A scrub does not traverse an L2ARC device because hold in memory checksums (in the ARC header) for everything on the cache devices if we get a checksum failure on read we remove the L2ARC cached entry and read from the main pool again. The L2ARC cache devices are purely caches there is NEVER data on them that isn't already in the main pool devices.

--
Darren J Moffat