On 10/ 7/10 06:22 PM, Stephan Budach wrote:
Hi Edward,

these are interesting points. I have considered a couple of them, when I
started playing around with ZFS.

I am not sure whether I disagree with all of your points, but I conducted a
couple of tests, where I configured my raids as jbods and mapped each drive out
as a seperate LUN and I couldn't notice a difference in performance in any way.

The time you will notice is when a cable falls out or becomes loose and you get corrupted data and loose the pool due to lack of redundancy. Even though your LUNs are RAID, there are still numerous single points of failure between them and the target system.

--
Ian.