> From: Stephan Budach [mailto:stephan.bud...@jvm.de]
>
> I now also got what you meant by "good half" but I don't dare to say
> whether or not this is also the case in a raid6 setup.

The same concept applies to raid5 or raid6.  When you read the device, you
never know if you're actually reading the "data" or the "parity" and in
fact, they're mixed together in order to fully utilize all the hardware
available.  (Assuming you have some decently smart hardware.)

But all of that is mostly irrelevant.  One fact remains:

You have checksum errors.  There is only one cause for checksum errors:
Hardware failure.

It may be the physical disks themselves, or the raid card, or ram, or cpu,
or any of the interconnect in between.  I suppose it could be a driver
problem, but that's less likely.