> From: David Magda [mailto:dma...@ee.ryerson.ca]
>
> On Wed, October 13, 2010 21:26, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
>
> > I highly endorse mirrors for nearly all purposes.
>
> Are you a member of BAARF?
>
>     http://www.miracleas.com/BAARF/BAARF2.html

Never heard of it.  I don't quite get it ... They want people to stop
talking about pros/cons of various types of raid?  That's definitely not me.

I think there are lots of pros/cons, and many of them have nuances, and vary
by implementation...  I think it's important to keep talking about it, and
all us "experts" in the field can keep current on all this ...

Take, for example, the number of people discussing things in this mailing
list, who say they still use hardware raid.  That alone demonstrates
misinformation (in most cases) and warrants more discussion.  ;-)