On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM, bhanu prakash <bhanu.sys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>

> There 17 zones on the machine T5120. I want to move all the zones which are
> ZFS filesystem to another new LUN.
>
> Can you give me the steps to proceed this.

If the only thing on the source lun is the pool that contains the
zones and the new LUN is at least as big as the old LUN:

The above can be done while the zones are booted.  Depending on the
characteristics of the server and workloads, the workloads may feel a
bit sluggish during this time due to increased I/O activity.  If that
works for you, stop reading now.

In the event that the scenario above doesn't apply, read on.  Assuming
all the zones are under oldpool/zones, oldpool/zones is mounted at
/zones, and you have done "zpool create newpool <newlun>"

Be sure to test this procedure - I didn't!

zfs create newlun/zones

# optionally, shut down the zones
zfs snapshot -r oldpool/zo...@phase1
zfs send -r oldpool/zo...@phase1 | zfs receive newpool/zo...@phase1

# If you did not shut down the zones above, shut them down now.
# If the zones were shut down, skip the next two commands
zfs snapshot -r oldpool/zo...@phase2
zfs send -rI oldpool/zo...@phase1 oldpool/zo...@phase2 \
    | zfs receive newpool/zo...@phase2

# Adjust mount points and restart the zones
zfs set mountpoint=none oldpool/zones
zfs set mountpoint=/zones newpool/zones
for zone in $zonelist zoneadm -z $zone boot ; done

At such a time that you are comfortable that the zone data moved over ok...

zfs destroy -r oldpool/zones

Again, verify the procedure works on a test/lab/whatever box before
trying it for real.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/