Dedup? Taking a long time to boot after hard reboot after lookup?

I'll bet that it hard locked whilst deleting some files or a dataset that
was dedup'd. After the delete is started, it spends *ages* cleaning up the
DDT (the table containing a list of dedup'd blocks). If you hard lock in the
middle of this clean up, then the DDT isn't valid, to anything. The next
mount attempt on that pool will do this operation for you. Which will take
an inordinate amount of time. My pool spent *eight days* (iirc) in limbo,
waiting for the DDT cleanup to finish. Once it did, it wrote out a shedload
of blocks and then everything was fine. This was for a zfs destroy of a
900GB, 64KiB block dataset, over 2x 8-wide raidz vdevs.

Unfortunately, raidz is of course slower for random reads than a set or
mirrors. The raidz/mirror hybrid allocator available in snv_148+ is somewhat
of a workaround for this, although I've not seen comprehensive figures for
the gain it gives -
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6977913