On 09 December, 2010 - David Strom sent me these 0,7K bytes:

> Looking for a little help, please.  A contact from Oracle (Sun)
> suggested I pose the question to this email.
>
> We're using ZFS on Solaris 10 in an application where there are so many
> directory-subdirectory layers, and a lot of small files (~1-2Kb) that we
> ran out of inodes (over 30 million!).
>
> So, the zfs question is, how can we see how many files & directories
> have been created in a zfs filesystem?  Equivalent to "df -o i" on a UFS
> filesystm.
>
> Short of doing a find <zfs-mount-point> | wc.

GNU df can show, and regular Solaris could too but chooses not to.
statvfs() should be able to report as well. In ZFS, you will run out of
inodes at the same time as you run out of space.

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå