> Or you could stick strictly to mirrors; 4 pools 2x2T, 2x2T, 2x750G,
> 2x1.5T. Mirrors are more flexible, give you more redundancy, and are
> much easier to work with.

Easier to work with, yes, but a RAIDz2 will statistically be safer than a set
of mirrors, since in many cases, you loose a drive and during resilver, you
find bad sectors on another drive in the same VDEV, resulting in data
corruption. With RAIDz2 (or 3), the chance of these errors to be on the same
place on all drives is quite minimal. With a (striped?) mirror, a single
bitflip on the 'healthy' drive will involve data corruption.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk