On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Joe Auty <j...@netmusician.org> wrote:

> How about getting a little more crazy... What if this entire server
> temporarily hosting this data was a VM guest running ZFS? I don't foresee
> this being a problem either, but with so

The only thing to watch out for is to make sure that the receiving datasets
aren't a higher version that the zfs version that you'll be using on the
replacement server. Because you can't downgrade a dataset, using snv_151a
and planning to send to Nexenta as a final step will trip you up unless you
explicitly create them with a lower version.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com