On May 13, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Donald Stahl <d...@blacksun.org> wrote:

> Running a zpool scrub on our production pool is showing a scrub rate
> of about 400K/s. (When this pool was first set up we saw rates in the
> MB/s range during a scrub).

The scrub I/O has lower priority than other I/O.

In later ZFS releases, scrub I/O is also throttled. When the throttle
kicks in, the scrub can drop to 5-10 IOPS. This shouldn't be much of
an issue, scrubs do not need to be, and are not intended to be, run
very often -- perhaps once a quarter or so.
 -- richard