From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org
[mailto:zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Nau
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:07 PM
To: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: [zfs-discuss] JBOD recommendation for ZFS usage

Dear all

Sorry if it's kind of off-topic for the list but after talking
to lots of vendors I'm running out of ideas...

We are looking for JBOD systems which

(1) hold 20+ 3.3" SATA drives

(2) are rack mountable

(3) have all the nive hot-swap stuff

(4) allow 2 hosts to connect via SAS (4+ lines per host) and see
    all available drives as disks, no RAID volume.
    In a perfect world both hosts would connect each using
    two independent SAS connectors

The box will be used in a ZFS Solaris/based fileserver in a
fail-over cluster setup. Only one host will access a drive
at any given time.

It seems that a lot of vendors offer JBODs but so far I haven't found
one in Germany which handles (4).

Any hints?