Op 14-07-11 12:28, Jim Klimov schreef:

> Yes, quite often it seems so.
> Whenever my slow "dcpool" decides to accept a write,
> it processes a hundred pending deletions instead of one ;)
>
> Even so, it took quite a few pool or iscsi hangs and then
> reboots of both server and client, and about a week overall,
> to remove a 50Gb dir with 400k small files from a deduped
> pool served over iscsi from a volume in a physical pool.
>
> Just completed this night ;)

It seems counter-intuitive - you'd say: concurrent disk access makes
things only slower - , but it turns out to be true. I'm deleting a dozen
times faster than before. How completely ridiculous.

Thank you :-)

--
No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,
dead or alive or by any means, including but not limited to telepathy