On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Chris Dunbar - Earthside, LLC
<cdun...@earthside.net> wrote:
> I have physically replaced the drive, but I have not partitioned it yet. I
> know there is a command to copy the layout from one disk to another and that
> has worked well for me in the past. I just have to find the command again.
> Once that is done, do I need to detach the spare before I run the replace
> command or does running the replace command automatically bump the spare out
> of service and put it back to being just a spare?

Since it isn't the rpool, you shouldn't have to partition the replacement drive.

Since you've physically replaced the drive, you should just have to do:
# zpool replace tank c10t0d0

The pool should resilver, and I think the spare should automatically
detach. If not
# zpool remove tank c10t6d0
should take care of it.

-B