> Even with a controller per JBOD, you'll be limited by the SAS
> connection. The 7k3000 has throughput from 115 - 150 MB/s, meaning
> each of your JBODs will be capable of 5.2 GB/sec - 6.8 GB/sec, roughly
> 10 times the bandwidth of a single SAS 6g connection. Use multipathing
> if you can to increase the bandwidth to each JBOD.

With (something like) LSI 9211 and those supermicro babies I guess he's
planning on using, you'll have one quad-port SAS2 cable to each backplane/SAS
expander, one in front and one in the back, meaning theroretical 24Gbps (or
2,4GBps) to each backplane. With a maximum of 24 drives per back, this should
probably suffice, since you'll never get 150MB/s sustained from all drives.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk