Is mirrors really a realistic alternative? I mean, if I have to resilver a raid
with 3TB discs, it can take days I suspect. With 4TB disks it can take a week,
maybe. So, if I use mirror and one disk break, then I only have single
redundancy while the mirror repairs. Reparation will take long time and will
stress the disks, which means the other disk might malfunction.

Therefore, I think raidz2 or raidz3 that allows 2 or 3 disks to break while you
resilver. Hence, mirror is not a realistic alternative when using large disks.

True/false? What do you guys say?