Hi all

We have a few servers with WD Black (and some green) drives on Super Micro
systems. We've seen both drives work well with direct attach, but with LSI
controllers and Super Micro's SAS expanders, well, that's another story. With
those SAS expanders, we've seen numerous drives being kicked out and flagged as
bad during high load (typically scrub/resilver). We have not seen this on the
units we have with Hitachi or Seagate drives. After a drive is kicked out, we
run a test on it, using WDs tool, and in many (or most) cases, we find the
drive being error free. We've seen these issues on several machines, so
hardware failure seem not to be the case.

Have anyone here used WD drives with LSI controllers (3801/3081/9211) with
Super Micro machines? Any success stories?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk