Hello Bob Friesenhahn and List,

On August, 06 2011, 20:41 <Bob Friesenhahn> wrote in [1]:

> I think that this depends on the type of hardware you have, how much
> new data is written over a period of time, the typical I/O load on the
> server (i.e. does scrubbing impact usability?), and how critical the
> data is to you.  Even power consumption and air conditioning can be a
> factor since scrubbing is an intensive operation which will increase
> power consumption.

Thx Bob for answering.

The hardware ist SM-Board, Xeon, 16 GB reg RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA,
6 x Hitachi 2TB Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632.
Server is standing in the basement by 32°C
The HDs are filled to 80% and the workload ist only most reading.

Whats the best? Scrubbing every week, every second week once a month?

--
Best Regards
Alexander