On 08/12/11 01:35 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011, Nix wrote:
Yes, I have enabled the dedup on the pool.

I will off the dedup and will try to delete the new created snapshot.
Unfortunately, if dedup was previously enabled, the damage was already
done since dedup is baked into your pool.  The situation may improve
over time as dedup blocks are gradually eliminated but this depends on
how often the data gets overwritten and how many old snapshots are
deleted.

The alternative is to install a lot more RAM, or install a SSD as a
L2ARC device.

On a system with both, I recently timed 147 minutes to destroy a 2.2T filesystem that was q 95% duplicate of another.

--
Ian.