> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Freddie Cash
>
> "zpool list" output show raw disk usage, including all redundant copies of
> metadata, all redundant copies of data blocks, all redundancy accounted for
> (mirror, raidz), etc.

Perhaps that's true after a certain version?  It's not true in the latest
solaris 10.  Here are my results on a fully patched solaris 10 installation,
installed from the latest disc (10u9):

[root@foo ~]# zpool status rpool
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME                         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool                        ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C5003424396Bd0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5000C5002637311Fd0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

[root@foo ~]# zpool list rpool
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
rpool  97.5G  9.22G  88.3G     9%  ONLINE  -

[root@foo ~]# zfs list rpool
NAME    USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool  11.3G  84.6G  32.5K  /rpool