I have an application that iterates through snapshots sending them to a remote host. With a Solaris 10 receiver, empty snapshots are received in under a second, but with a Solaris 11 Express receiver, empty snapshots are received in 2 to three seconds. This is becoming a real nuisance where I have a large number of snapshots in a filesystem that's unchanged.

For example:

receiving incremental stream of export/vbox@20110927_1805 into backup/vbox@20110927_1805
received 312B stream in 3 seconds (104B/sec)
receiving incremental stream of export/vbox@20110927_2205 into backup/vbox@20110927_2205
received 312B stream in 2 seconds (156B/sec)

The change looks to be increased latency, bigger snapshots still appear to be received at the same speed as before.

Does anyone know what has changed to cause this slowdown?