On 11/14/11 04:00 AM, Jeff Savit wrote:
On 11/12/2011 03:04 PM, Ian Collins wrote:

It turns out this was a problem with e1000g interfaces. When we swapped over to an igb port, the problem went away.

Ian, could you summarize what the e1000g problem was? It might be interesting or useful for the list. If you don't want to do that, but are willing to tell me off-list that would be appreciated. (Just out of curiosity).

I was seeing high latency (2-4 seconds each) when sending large number of small snapshots, say a series of incremental snapshots for a filesystem that hadn't changed.
--
Ian.