> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Jim Klimov
>
> summer, and came up with a new question. In short, is it
> possible to add "restartability" to ZFS SEND, for example

Rather than building something new and special into the filesystem, would
something like a restartable/continuable mbuffer command do the trick?  It
seems to be a general issue, not filesystem specific - that you want to
tunnel some command or some data stream through a buffering (perhaps even
checksumming/error detecting/correcting) buffering system, to make it more
resilient crossing a WAN or whatever.

There is probably already a utility like that.  I quickly checked mbuffer to
see if it did, but it didn't seem to do that.  I didn't look very deeply, I
could be wrong.