Good day,

The speed of send/recv is around 30-60 MBytes/s for initial send and 17-25 MBytes/s for incremental. I have seen lots of setups with 1 disk to 100+ disks in pool. But the speed doesn't vary in any degree. As I understand 'zfs send' is a limiting factor. I did tests by sending to /dev/null. It worked out too slow and absolutely not scalable. None of cpu/memory/disk activity were in peak load, so there is of room for improvement.

Is there any bug report or article that addresses this problem? Any workaround or solution?

I found these guys have the same result - around 7 Mbytes/s for 'send' and 70 Mbytes for 'recv'.
http://wikitech-static.wikimedia.org/articles/z/f/s/Zfs_replication.html

Thank you in advance,
Anatoly Legkodymov.