2012-01-13 4:26, Richard Elling wrote:
On Jan 12, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
The problem was solved by disabling dedup for the dataset
involved and rsync-updating the file in-place. After the
dedup feature was disabled and new blocks were uniquely
written, everything was readable (and md5sums matched)
as expected.
In theory, the verify option will correct this going forward.

Well, I have got more complaining blocks, and even new errors
in files that I've previously "repaired" with rsync, before I
figured out the problem with dedup today.

Now I've set the verify flag instead of dedup=off, and the
rsync replacement from external storage seems to happen a lot
faster. It also seems to persist even a few minutes after the
copying ;)

Thanks for the tip, Richard!
//Jim Klimov