> I'd be interested in the results of such tests. You can change the
> primarycache
> parameter on the fly, so you could test it in less time than it
> takes for me to type this email :-)
>  -- Richard

Tried that. Performance headed south like a cat with its tail on fire. We
didn't bother quantifying, it was just that hideous.

(You know, us northern-hemisphere people always use "south" as a "down"
direction. Is it different for people in the southern hemisphere? :) )

There's just too many _other_ little things running around a normal system for
which NOT having primarycache is just too painful to contemplate (even with
L2ARC) that, while I can envisage situations where one might want to do that,
they're very very few and far between.

-bacon