Precisely, I said the same thing a few posts before:
dedup=verify solves that. And as I said, one could use dedup=<hash
algorithm>,verify with
an inferior hash algorithm (that is much faster) with the purpose of
reducing the number of dedup candidates.
For that matter one could use a trivial CRC32, if the two blocks have the
same CRC you do anyway a
byte-to-byte comparison, but if they have differenct CRC's you don't need
to do the actual comparison.