>On 12-08-29 12:29 AM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
>> On Aug 28, 2012, at 6:01 AM, Murray Cullen <themurma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've copied an old home directory from an install of OS 134 to the data
>>> pool on my OI install.
Opensolaris apparently had wine installed as I now have a link to / in my data
pool. I've tried eve
rything I can think of to remove this link with one exception. I have not tried
mounting the pool o
n a different OS yet, I'm trying to avoid that.

>>> Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Ulink and rm error out as root.
>> What is the "error"?  Is it permission denied, I/O error, or what?
>>
>> Gregg
>The error is "unlink, not owner" although I am the owner.

What exactly is the file?  In zfs you cannot create a link to a directory;
so does the link look like?

Casper