-----Original Message-----
From: Sašo Kiselkov [mailto:skiselkov...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:12 AM
To: Dan Swartzendruber
Cc: 'James H'; zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Interesting question about L2ARC

On 09/11/2012 04:06 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
> Thanks a lot for clarifying how this works.

You're very welcome.

>  Since I'm quite happy
> having an SSD in my workstation, I will need to purchase another SSD
> :)  I'm wondering if it makes more sense to buy two SSDs of half the size
(e.g.
> 128GB), since the total price is about the same?

If you have the space/ports and it costs the same, two SSDs will definitely
give you better iops and throughput than a single SSD twice the size.

*** I have plenty of ports.  8 ports on an LSI HBA, one of which goes to the
jbod expander/chassis, so connecting two SSDs is no issue.  Thanks again...