On 2012-11-13 22:56, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
Trying again:

Intel just released those drives. Any thoughts on how nicely they will
play in a zfs/hardware raid setup?

Seems interesting - fast, assumed reliable and consistent in its IOPS
(according to marketing talk), addresses power loss reliability (acc.
to datasheet):

* Endurance Rating - 10 drive writes/day over 5 years while running
JESD218 standard

* The Intel SSD DC S3700 supports testing of the power loss capacitor,
which can be monitored using the following SMART attribute: (175, AFh).

Somewhat affordably priced (at least in the volume market for shops
that buy hardware in cubic meters ;)

All in all, I can't come up with anything offensive against it quickly ;) One possible nit regards the ratings being geared towards 4KB block
(which is not unusual with SSDs), so it may be further from announced
performance with other block sizes - i.e. when caching ZFS metadata.

Thanks for bringing it into attention spotlight, and I hope the more
savvy posters would overview it better.