Am 21.01.13 00:21, schrieb Jim Klimov:
Did you try replacing the patch-cables and/or SFPs on the path
between servers and disks, or at least cleaning them? A speck
of dust (or, God forbid, a pixel of body fat from a fingerprint)
caught between the two optic cable cutoffs might cause any kind
of signal weirdness from time to time... and lead to improper
packets of that optic protocol.
I cleaned the patch cables that run from the Dell to its Sanbox, but not the other ones - especially not the ISLs, since this would almost interrupt our SAN.

Are there switch stats on whether it has seen media errors?
Has anybody gotton QLogic's SanSurfer to work with anything newer than Java 1.4.2? ;) I checked the logs on my switches and they don't seem to indicate such issues, but I am lacking the real-time monitoring that the old SanSurfer provides.

Stephan