Solaris 11.1 (free for non-prod use).

[] On Behalf Of Tiernan OToole
Sent: 25 February 2013 14:58
Subject: [zfs-discuss] ZFS Distro Advice

Good morning all.

My home NAS died over the weekend, and it leaves me with a lot of spare
drives (5 2Tb and 3 1Tb disks). I have a Dell Poweredge 2900 Server sitting
in the house, which has not been doing much over the last while (bought it a
few years back with the intent of using it as a storage box, since it has 8
Hot Swap drive bays) and i am now looking at building the NAS using ZFS...

But, now i am confused as to what OS to use... OpenIndiana? Nexenta?

I need something that will allow me to share files over SMB (3 if possible),
NFS, AFP (for Time Machine) and iSCSI. Ideally, i would like something i can
manage "easily" and something that works with the Dell...

Any recommendations? Any comparisons to each?

Tiernan O'Toole