On Friday, 14 March 2014 10:19:45 UTC+11, brendon....@mac.com wrote:

> At present there is no mechanism to do this.
> Brendon
> This relates to OSX zfs then?

For the same reasons which I pointed out in my previous post (better
debugging and usability with munki software distribution scripts) I would
vote to include version information in the executables and also useful
version numbers in the Info.plist files of the zfs.kext.
I just checked and only found a very generic (or simply lazy?)
 CFBundleShortVersionString 1.0 in the Info.plist of the zfs kernel
MacZFS 74.3.3 seems to do be compiled more user friendly in this regard.