Please send me suitable candidates only. Resumes without contact numbers
WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. Kindly send YOUR OWN EMPLOYEE and not from another
company. Thanking you in advance.
Please send resumes to ni...@abstargroup.com
*Position: Systems Engineer – Websphere Application Server*
*Location: Columbus, OH*
*Duration: 6 months*
Systems Engineer – WebSphere Application Server
Implement solutions for applications by engineering and configuring the IBM
WebSphere application server software. Install software and create the
necessary environments required by system development life cycle. Configure
all environments to each application's specific requirements (such as JDBC,
JMS, web services, High Availability, Session Management, Security, Service
Integration Bus, etc…). Proactively performance tune each environment as
well as reactively troubleshoot problems that occur. Provide development
support to the application development teams.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and implement systems architecture including fault tolerance and
high availability solutions.
• Work with application project teams to provide feedback on designs and
gather requirements for the application server environment.
• Plan out and document changes to new or existing WebSphere domains.
• Install IBM WebSphere Application Server Virtual Enterprise Edition, ODR
and exposure to Central install Manager.
• Define and configure System, Service and Health policies using ODR
• Install the IBM WebSphere Application Server software on Unix and Windows
• Install WAS based applications such as WebSphere Commerce, Portal, Process
Server and InfoSphere MDM Server.
• Create and Modify WebSphere Cell domains required to implement the
different logical environments in the system development life cycle (dev,
test, stage, prod).
• Create and Configure application instances within each of the domains as
• Configure the required web server (IHS, IIS and Apache) with the
Application server software plug-in.
• Configure the Application server software to each individual application's
requirements (Services Integration Bus – JMS / WebServices, JDBC, Security,
• Set up the Application server software and each individual application to
be highly available with the goal of 24x7 up-time.
• Performance tune the Application server software so that it is optimized
for each application. This will include working closely with the application
development teams to administer load testing and monitoring.
• Maintain the environment by setting up automated start up and shutdown
scripts, implement automated monitoring and alerting mechanisms.
• Deploy applications to the Application server as well as define and set up
automated application deployment mechanisms.
• Provide development support to the application development teams.
• Provide 24x7 on-call support of Production systems
• Research and troubleshoot problems related to the Application server
software, the applications that run on them as well as the external systems
that they interact with.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with other team members, clients
(application developers) and vendors (other technology teams). Creating
regular status reports is one form of communication used.
* KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:*
• *3 or more years of Systems experience in WebSphere Application Server*
• One or more years of experience using Linux, Aix and Windows 2003
• One or more years of experience with Web servers (IHS, IIS and Apache)
• One or more years of experience with scripting and automation of admin
• Experience with WebSphere Virtual Enterprise Edition is preferred.
• Experience defining Service Health and System Policies is preferred.
• Experience with WebSphere Commerce, Portal, WCC, Process Server a plus.
• J2EE skills a plus
• Good testing, technical and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at