Hope you are doing great.
Please let me know if you have any consultant for the following requirement.
Please forward the resumes to a...@nexgenb.com
Position: MS-SQL Database Administrator (Sr. DBA)
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 6 months
PLEASE SEND 2 MANAGEMENT REFERENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This candidate must have the ability to architect, design and configure
large, complex databases with replication and high-availability on the most
current MS-SQL versions.
- Translates logical to physical design, develops comprehensive DB
architecture, implementation and upgrade plans and assists in definition of
database standards, policies, and procedures.
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS database support
systems as well as version upgrade experience (SQL 2000 to 2005/2008).
- Support the activities of the IT staff for specific applications by
providing in-depth consulting to client, IT management and IT staff at the
highest technical level. This includes the identification and resolution of
information flow, content issues, and the transformation
of business requirements into database definitions.
- Lead data requirements, architecture review, and modeling sessions.
- They are the primary contact for projects within the team, interfacing
with project managers, application development staff and executive
- Resolve all database-related issues and works closely with the
Development, Project Management and ETS staff.
- Document business requirements and works independently to create database
related cost estimates.
- Perform database design reviews to enforce best practices and standards
and may develop detailed logical data models.
- May also design a physical data model based on the logical data model and
implement the physical data model in the database.
- Support activities include analyzing, testing, and implementing physical
database designs to support various business applications. Establish and
maintain a very high level of user trust and confidence towards IT's
responsiveness to user's needs.
- Work with customers of varying technical levels in a high-pressure and
*Knowledge and Skills:*
-Four-year (or higher) degree from an accredited university.
- Eight or more of years of Information Technology experience are a
requirement, with four or more years experience with MS-SQL SE/EE on Windows
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient SQL scripting skills
- Mid-level knowledge of Windows O/S systems administration tasks Display a
good understanding of both the RDBMs and the underlying operating system
including but not limited to: Database performance tuning, replication,
monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
Strong database management skills including backup and recovery best
practices in a high-availability environment.
- Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact
of problem on overall database performance
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes Strong skills in
maintenance tools and best practices processes.
Up-to-date understanding of PII Security standards and impacts to security
Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise
Successful experience as a member of a project group
Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team
Demonstrated ability to lead a technical cross-functional project team
Ability to independently provide project cost and time estimates for
database related tasks
Data modeling, data entity analysis, and database design skills may be
Use of a data modeling tool such as Erwin, ER/Studio or Designer/2000 a plus
Problem Solving The Sr. DBA must possess strong analytical ability, judgment
and problem analysis techniques.
In-depth knowledge of the business unit's functions and applications, and an
excellent knowledge of system technology alternatives.
Freedom to Act/Decision Making
Acts on database-related efforts according to established standards with
Will be involved in technical decisions and providing guidance to other
Management is only required for general guidelines and final reviews.
Risk/Bottom line results
The final products produced by the Sr. DBA are used by the application in
There is a direct correlation between job quality and final application
quality and stability.
Potential risks include data integrity issues, data loss, poor application
performance, and system instability.
Thanks & Regards
Yahoo IM: adem_mike
G Talk: adem.recrui...@gmail.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at