On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Jaap Karssenberg
<jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Brendan, when I get to the university I will test the Portable
>> Installation method.
>
> I second that thanks ;) Will test on monday.
>
>> I suggest a plugin for Zim that rsyncs the local
>> Zim root folder with the one on the thumbdrive. Should I file a RFE
>> bug for that?
>>

> Why would you want to sync instead of working directly off the thumbdrive ?

I like the idea to have sync function instead of working directly off
the thumbdrive. I have a 2 laptop and a desktop computer , unison is
used to sync Zim's wiki between computers. The reason to not have the
wiki saved in thumbdrive is because it is not safe and trouble. If I
lost the thumbdrive, then I lost everything. And if it is saved in
local drive, I can still edit and view the wiki in the laptop even I
have forgotten to unplug from thumbdrive at home desktop computer.

However, I would prefer to use unison rather rsync. rsync is good for
backup , but not good for sync.  It can not compare the different from
both side. Unison provide a GUI to compare the different from both
side and able to merge text file.