Sorry that I'm late to the party, but I think it would be great if Esc
saved and closed the quicknote.  I think 1) it's always best to
default to saving user data rather than discarding it; and 2) the
point of quicknote is to be quick and effortless, and being able to
tap out a note and hit Esc to save and close it is very quick and
easy, moreso than clicking OK or pressing an Alt-combination.