PLEASE DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE. My mail client replied with the
wrong From address and it'll be rejected by the mailing list.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014, at 15:22, hans...@gmail.com wrote:
> Zim .60 via PPA, both with and without the tray icon runnung
>
> 12.04 LTS Unity, Python 2.7.3
>
> Clicking on another node, or even just putting focus on a page already
> selected, everything just hangs for 5-20 seconds at a time, the Zim
> window goes grey/blue, CPU pegs on python during that time?
>
> Thought I'd try the dev repo - noob-friendly instructions?
>
> Or maybe going to a newer Python?

Thank you for reaching out to the mailing list on this Hans. Can you try
starting Zim from a terminal with the command

   zim --debug

That will print chatty debug messages to the console that you can look
at and maybe share. It might help identify exactly what step in
navigation is getting hung up.

Also, is your home folder (your user profile folder) stored on local
storage, or NFS, or something more exotic?

Brendan Kidwell