Looks like there is an issue with running the SQLite index off a share
drive. You can fix this by setting the notebook property "shared". If
running local go to the menu "File" --> "properties" and check the checkbox
for shared notebook.

Alternative edit the config file "notebook.zim" in the notebook folder and
add the line "shared=True".

Regards,

Jaap



On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Wayne Sherman
<wa...@systemdesignworks.com>wrote:

> I am trying out Zim 0.60 on Kubuntu 14.04 (installed from default Ubuntu
> repo).  It appears to work correctly with notebooks on my local
> filesystem.  But, when I try to create or open a notebook from my samba
> share, it fails:
>
> *~/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note$ zim -D notebook.zim*
>
> INFO: This is zim 0.60
> DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=6,
> releaselevel='final', serial=0)
> DEBUG: Platform is posix
> DEBUG: Zim revision is:
>   branch: pyzim-trunk
>   revision: 672 jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-20130430172720-n6jaw95wiyevdqln
>   date: 2013-04-30 19:27:20 +0200
> DEBUG: Not running from a source dir
> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_HOME to /home/wsherman/.local/share
> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_DIRS to [<Dir: /usr/share/xubuntu>, <Dir:
> /usr/share/xfce4>, <Dir: /usr/local/share>, <Dir: /usr/share>, <Dir:
> /usr/share>]
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to /home/wsherman/.config
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to [<Dir: /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu>, <Dir:
> /usr/share/upstart/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>]
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CACHE_HOME to /home/wsherman/.cache
> DEBUG: Running command: gui
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/Documents/zim_note/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/zim_note/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/test/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/.config/zim/notebooks.list
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
> DEBUG: Starting server by spawning new process
> INFO: Spawning: ['/usr/bin/python', '/usr/bin/zim', '--ipc-server-main',
> '/tmp/zim-wsherman/zim-server-socket', '10'] (cwd: None)
> DEBUG: Process started with PID: 20202
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: ('ACK', 20202)
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.ipc.Server(None).has_object((<RemoteObject:
> zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>,),
> {})>
> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: False
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.ipc.Server(None).init_object((<RemoteObject:
> zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>,),
> {})>
> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: True
> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
> zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note).present((None,),
> {})>
> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: No such object: <RemoteObject:
> zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/zim", line 74, in <module>
>     zim.main(argv)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 446, in
> main
>     gui.present(page, **optsdict)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/ipc.py", line 756, in call
>     raise re
> ValueError: No such object: <RemoteObject:
> zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>
>
> *from file: /tmp/zim-deamon.log *
>
> INFO: Server starting 20202 at /tmp/zim-wsherman/zim-server-socket
> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
> /home/wsherman/.config/zim/preferences.conf>
> DEBUG: Gtk version is (2, 24, 23)
> DEBUG: Pygtk version is (2, 24, 0)
> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
> /home/wsherman/.config/zim/style.conf>
> DEBUG: Opening notebook: file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note
> DEBUG: Wrote <UnixFile: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp>
> INFO: Remove file: <UnixFile:
> /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp>
> DEBUG: Loading config from: <UnixFile:
> /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/notebook.zim>
> DEBUG: Cache dir: <Dir: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim>
> DEBUG: Index database file: <UnixFile:
> /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/index.db>
> INFO: Flushing index
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 529, in
> do_initialize_db
>     self.db.executescript(SQL_CREATE_TABLES)
> sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
> DEBUG: Child process started 20204 for no such table: pages
> ERROR: Exception while setting up child process
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/ipc.py", line 621, in
> childmain
>     obj = klass(id, *arg, **kwarg)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line 460,
> in __init__
>     self.open_notebook(notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line 1093,
> in open_notebook
>     page = NotebookInterface.open_notebook(self, notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 760, in
> open_notebook
>     nb = get_notebook(nb)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 514, in
> get_notebook
>     return Notebook(dir=path)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 794, in
> __init__
>     self.index = zim.index.Index(notebook=self)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 472, in
> __init__
>     self.set_notebook(notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 490, in
> set_notebook
>     self._connect()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 524, in
> _connect
>     self._flush()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 562, in _flush
>     cursor.execute('insert into pages(basename, sortkey, parent,
> hascontent, haschildren) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)', ('', '', 0, False, False))
> OperationalError: no such table: pages
> DEBUG: Child process 20204 quit
> DEBUG: Known objects: [OperationalError('no such table: pages',)]
>
>
> or if I call it in "standalone" mode it also fails:
>
> *~/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note$ zim -D --standalone notebook.zim*
>
> INFO: This is zim 0.60
> DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=6,
> releaselevel='final', serial=0)
> DEBUG: Platform is posix
> DEBUG: Zim revision is:
>   branch: pyzim-trunk
>   revision: 672 jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-20130430172720-n6jaw95wiyevdqln
>   date: 2013-04-30 19:27:20 +0200
> DEBUG: Not running from a source dir
> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_HOME to /home/wsherman/.local/share
> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_DIRS to [<Dir: /usr/share/xubuntu>, <Dir:
> /usr/share/xfce4>, <Dir: /usr/local/share>, <Dir: /usr/share>, <Dir:
> /usr/share>]
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to /home/wsherman/.config
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to [<Dir: /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu>, <Dir:
> /usr/share/upstart/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>]
> DEBUG: Set XDG_CACHE_HOME to /home/wsherman/.cache
> DEBUG: Running command: gui
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/Documents/zim_note/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/zim_note/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/test/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/.config/zim/notebooks.list
> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
> /home/wsherman/.config/zim/preferences.conf>
> DEBUG: Gtk version is (2, 24, 23)
> DEBUG: Pygtk version is (2, 24, 0)
> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
> /home/wsherman/.config/zim/style.conf>
> DEBUG: Opening notebook: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note
> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp
> INFO: Remove file: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp
> DEBUG: Loading config from:
> /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/notebook.zim
> DEBUG: Cache dir: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim
> DEBUG: Index database file:
> /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/index.db
> INFO: Flushing index
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 529, in
> do_initialize_db
>     self.db.executescript(SQL_CREATE_TABLES)
> sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/zim", line 74, in <module>
>     zim.main(argv)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 433, in
> main
>     handler = zim.gui.GtkInterface(notebook, page, **optsdict)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line 460,
> in __init__
>     self.open_notebook(notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line 1093,
> in open_notebook
>     page = NotebookInterface.open_notebook(self, notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 760, in
> open_notebook
>     nb = get_notebook(nb)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 514, in
> get_notebook
>     return Notebook(dir=path)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 794, in
> __init__
>     self.index = zim.index.Index(notebook=self)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 472, in
> __init__
>     self.set_notebook(notebook)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 490, in
> set_notebook
>     self._connect()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 524, in
> _connect
>     self._flush()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 562, in _flush
>     cursor.execute('insert into pages(basename, sortkey, parent,
> hascontent, haschildren) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)', ('', '', 0, False, False))
> sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: pages
>
> Between tests, I made sure there were no instances of Zim running and no
> sockets left over in /tmp.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wayne
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
> Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
>
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to