On May 12, 2014 5:07 PM, "Wayne Sherman" <wa...@systemdesignworks.com>
wrote:
>
> Yes, that works.  Is there a way to default Zim to use shared or launch
it in "shared" mode from the command line?

Afraid not, but I plan to make it the default in the next release.

>
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:46 AM, Jaap Karssenberg <
jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like there is an issue with running the SQLite index off a share
drive. You can fix this by setting the notebook property "shared". If
running local go to the menu "File" --> "properties" and check the checkbox
for shared notebook.
>>
>> Alternative edit the config file "notebook.zim" in the notebook folder
and add the line "shared=True".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jaap
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Wayne Sherman <
wa...@systemdesignworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying out Zim 0.60 on Kubuntu 14.04 (installed from default
Ubuntu repo).  It appears to work correctly with notebooks on my local
filesystem.  But, when I try to create or open a notebook from my samba
share, it fails:
>>>
>>> ~/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note$ zim -D notebook.zim
>>>
>>> INFO: This is zim 0.60
>>> DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=6,
releaselevel='final', serial=0)
>>> DEBUG: Platform is posix
>>> DEBUG: Zim revision is:
>>>   branch: pyzim-trunk
>>>   revision: 672
jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-20130430172720-n6jaw95wiyevdqln
>>>   date: 2013-04-30 19:27:20 +0200
>>> DEBUG: Not running from a source dir
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_HOME to /home/wsherman/.local/share
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_DIRS to [<Dir: /usr/share/xubuntu>, <Dir:
/usr/share/xfce4>, <Dir: /usr/local/share>, <Dir: /usr/share>, <Dir:
/usr/share>]
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to /home/wsherman/.config
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to [<Dir: /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu>, <Dir:
/usr/share/upstart/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>]
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CACHE_HOME to /home/wsherman/.cache
>>> DEBUG: Running command: gui
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from:
/home/wsherman/Documents/zim_note/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/zim_note/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/test/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/.config/zim/notebooks.list
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
>>> DEBUG: Starting server by spawning new process
>>> INFO: Spawning: ['/usr/bin/python', '/usr/bin/zim',
'--ipc-server-main', '/tmp/zim-wsherman/zim-server-socket', '10'] (cwd:
None)
>>> DEBUG: Process started with PID: 20202
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.ipc.Server(None).ping((), {})>
>>> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: ('ACK', 20202)
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.ipc.Server(None).has_object((<RemoteObject:
zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>,),
{})>
>>> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: False
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.ipc.Server(None).init_object((<RemoteObject:
zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>,),
{})>
>>> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: True
>>> DEBUG: Remote call from 20200: <RemoteMethodCall: 20200:
zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note).present((None,),
{})>
>>> DEBUG: Remote call returned to 20200: No such object: <RemoteObject:
zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/zim", line 74, in <module>
>>>     zim.main(argv)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 446, in
main
>>>     gui.present(page, **optsdict)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/ipc.py", line 756, in call
>>>     raise re
>>> ValueError: No such object: <RemoteObject:
zim.gui.GtkInterface(file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note)>
>>>
>>> from file: /tmp/zim-deamon.log
>>>
>>> INFO: Server starting 20202 at /tmp/zim-wsherman/zim-server-socket
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
/home/wsherman/.config/zim/preferences.conf>
>>> DEBUG: Gtk version is (2, 24, 23)
>>> DEBUG: Pygtk version is (2, 24, 0)
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
/home/wsherman/.config/zim/style.conf>
>>> DEBUG: Opening notebook:
file:///home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note
>>> DEBUG: Wrote <UnixFile:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp>
>>> INFO: Remove file: <UnixFile:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp>
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: <UnixFile:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/notebook.zim>
>>> DEBUG: Cache dir: <Dir: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim>
>>> DEBUG: Index database file: <UnixFile:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/index.db>
>>> INFO: Flushing index
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 529, in
do_initialize_db
>>>     self.db.executescript(SQL_CREATE_TABLES)
>>> sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
>>> DEBUG: Child process started 20204 for no such table: pages
>>> ERROR: Exception while setting up child process
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/ipc.py", line 621, in
childmain
>>>     obj = klass(id, *arg, **kwarg)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line
460, in __init__
>>>     self.open_notebook(notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line
1093, in open_notebook
>>>     page = NotebookInterface.open_notebook(self, notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 760, in
open_notebook
>>>     nb = get_notebook(nb)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 514, in
get_notebook
>>>     return Notebook(dir=path)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 794, in
__init__
>>>     self.index = zim.index.Index(notebook=self)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 472, in
__init__
>>>     self.set_notebook(notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 490, in
set_notebook
>>>     self._connect()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 524, in
_connect
>>>     self._flush()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 562, in
_flush
>>>     cursor.execute('insert into pages(basename, sortkey, parent,
hascontent, haschildren) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)', ('', '', 0, False, False))
>>> OperationalError: no such table: pages
>>> DEBUG: Child process 20204 quit
>>> DEBUG: Known objects: [OperationalError('no such table: pages',)]
>>>
>>>
>>> or if I call it in "standalone" mode it also fails:
>>>
>>> ~/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note$ zim -D --standalone notebook.zim
>>>
>>> INFO: This is zim 0.60
>>> DEBUG: Python version is sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=6,
releaselevel='final', serial=0)
>>> DEBUG: Platform is posix
>>> DEBUG: Zim revision is:
>>>   branch: pyzim-trunk
>>>   revision: 672
jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com-20130430172720-n6jaw95wiyevdqln
>>>   date: 2013-04-30 19:27:20 +0200
>>> DEBUG: Not running from a source dir
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_HOME to /home/wsherman/.local/share
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_DATA_DIRS to [<Dir: /usr/share/xubuntu>, <Dir:
/usr/share/xfce4>, <Dir: /usr/local/share>, <Dir: /usr/share>, <Dir:
/usr/share>]
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_HOME to /home/wsherman/.config
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to [<Dir: /etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu>, <Dir:
/usr/share/upstart/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>, <Dir: /etc/xdg>]
>>> DEBUG: Set XDG_CACHE_HOME to /home/wsherman/.cache
>>> DEBUG: Running command: gui
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from:
/home/wsherman/Documents/zim_note/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/zim_note/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: /home/wsherman/test/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/.config/zim/notebooks.list
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
/home/wsherman/.config/zim/preferences.conf>
>>> DEBUG: Gtk version is (2, 24, 23)
>>> DEBUG: Pygtk version is (2, 24, 0)
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from: <ConfigFile:
/home/wsherman/.config/zim/style.conf>
>>> DEBUG: Opening notebook: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note
>>> DEBUG: Wrote /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp
>>> INFO: Remove file: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/tmp
>>> DEBUG: Loading config from:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/notebook.zim
>>> DEBUG: Cache dir: /home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim
>>> DEBUG: Index database file:
/home/wsherman/mounts/public/tmp/zim_note/.zim/index.db
>>> INFO: Flushing index
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 529, in
do_initialize_db
>>>     self.db.executescript(SQL_CREATE_TABLES)
>>> sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/zim", line 74, in <module>
>>>     zim.main(argv)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 433, in
main
>>>     handler = zim.gui.GtkInterface(notebook, page, **optsdict)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line
460, in __init__
>>>     self.open_notebook(notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/gui/__init__.py", line
1093, in open_notebook
>>>     page = NotebookInterface.open_notebook(self, notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/__init__.py", line 760, in
open_notebook
>>>     nb = get_notebook(nb)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 514, in
get_notebook
>>>     return Notebook(dir=path)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/notebook.py", line 794, in
__init__
>>>     self.index = zim.index.Index(notebook=self)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 472, in
__init__
>>>     self.set_notebook(notebook)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 490, in
set_notebook
>>>     self._connect()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 524, in
_connect
>>>     self._flush()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zim/index.py", line 562, in
_flush
>>>     cursor.execute('insert into pages(basename, sortkey, parent,
hascontent, haschildren) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)', ('', '', 0, False, False))
>>> sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: pages
>>>
>>> Between tests, I made sure there were no instances of Zim running and
no sockets left over in /tmp.  Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
>>> Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
>>> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
>>> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>>>
>>
>
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
Post to     : zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to