Hi Jaap,

The 10MB is spread out over 24 directories (189 files). Thank you for your
suggestion. The next time it happens (if it happens), I will try that.

I realized that I had a specific scenario where this was happening.
I am working on a Debian Squeeze machine and occasionally (for various
reasons), I will log out of one desktop manager and into another (for instance,
going from KDE to LXDE or Gnome). This was when I noticed the issue. I would be
using Zim in one desktop, log out, log into a new desktop, and then start Zim
up.

What I’m thinking is that, somehow, the switch between desktops might be
messing with the index. Perhaps the desktop is keeping track of an index and
when the index changes (because of the move to a different desktop), the first
desktop’s recollection of the index is different and makes it hang. I don’t
know. I’m just guessing.

I also tested (when it hung) by re-naming the Notes directory and then starting
Zim. The program started fine. So your thoughts on the index are probably
exactly right.

Jim

Jim Keenan
Library Applications Supervisor
jkee...@cwmars.org<mailto:jkee...@cwmars.org>
508-755-3323 x23

C/W MARS
67 Millbrook St., Suite 201
Worcester, MA 01606

P   Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.
Currently reading Mistress Bradstreet by Charlotte Gordon