Hi.

I'm still looking for a good way to start a terminal as a custom command
from within zim.

Until now I have defined a wrapper which must be found within $PATH:
   StartTerminal.sh     # see attachment

The setup of the custom command is shown here:
   Snap_01.png          # see attachment

This works if zim is started from a shell with PATH being set up
e.g. in .bashrc and the wrapper is saved as "~/bin/StartTerminal.sh".
Assume you have no write permission for /usr/local/bin.

So I've created also another launcher just to start zim:
   StartZim.sh          # see attachment, saved to ~/bin

And my launcher looks like:
   Snap_02.png          # see attachment, this works

Now, the wrappers do a proof of concept, but it is a hassle.
It's nothing you ever want to show a workmate.

Apparently I miss something with parameter substitution in zim
custom commands or with quoting?

Thanks,

    Andreas

zim 0.60; Ubuntu 14.04

--
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Wehler
Development Manager; IVM Senior Consultant

Tel.:  +43 1 27711-5276
Email: andreas.weh...@thalesgroup.com
Web:   www.thalesgroup.com
FN 278233 t / Commercial Court Vienna