From: Jaap Karssenberg [mailto:jaap.karssenb...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 April 2015 12:45
To: Graham Foster
Cc: Zim
Subject: Re: [Zim-wiki] Getting external tools to work?

Hi Graham,

The custom tool really only takes a command, not a shell expression. So in your
example "echo %t  | sqlformatter.exe" the "|" doesn't do what you think it does
- instead it is just passed on as a literal to the "echo" command.

What you should do is put the commands in a ".bat" file, then use that ".bat"
file as a custom command.

I would advice to go the "%f" route and use a custom script to extract the sql
and run it through the formatter. The "%t" might not work at all in combination
with the code blocks plugin - at least, I have not tested that.

Hope this helps,

Jaap

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Graham Foster <gandalfmeis...@gmail.com