Also same results as you with Zim 0.60 under ZorinOS (Ubuntu derivitive, Linux kernel 3.13.0-65)

------ Original Message ------
From: "Joseph Reagle" <joseph.2...@reagle.org>
To: "Bo Grimes" <vcg...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Zim" <zim-wiki@lists.launchpad.net>
Sent: 11/7/2015 1:37:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Zim-wiki] curly brackets, escape them?

On 11/07/2015 01:04 PM, Bo Grimes wrote:
 Using Zim 0.63 on Windows 10 I have no problem with curly brackets
 {}, but I may not understand their purpose.

I have a page where I keep a list of Wikipedia templates.

 {{awk}}
 {{clarify}}
 {{copy edit-inline|for=concision}}
 {{copy edit-inline|for=redundant}}
 {{copy edit-inline|for=long, break up}}
 {{copy edit-inline|for=grammar}}
 {{detail}}
{{elucidate}} # to mark phrases/sections which require explanation for general readers
 {{necessary}}
 {{vague}}

Could you add this to a zim page, close zim, and then reopen it and see if they survive?

I've attached a screenshot of the source of the page and the broken rendering in Zim. (I'm still using 0.60 because of some other bugs in recent versions.)